A coastal island located in the northernmost part of Biliran Province. Southern west of the Visayan Sea and in the Northern part lies the Samar sea.It has a total land area of 2,836.65 hectares, with a total circumference of 24 kilometers. A 5th class municipality.
POPULATION AND DEMOGRAPHIC PROFILE
- Total population of 9,750 head counts and 1,687 households.
- It is composed of 15 barangays, which comprises 70 purok/zones.
- Almost all of the total populace can speak waray and other dialects such as cebuano, tagalog etc.
- Of the total population, 99% are Roman Catholics
- 1% belongs to other religious sects.
- Has virgin forest
- It is a good fishing ground with clear and clean beaches.
- Generally no pollution at present.
The principal sources of income of the constituents are:
- Copra buy and sell and small scale industries
- The fluctuating price of copra wherein most people depend on, and the increasing price of basic commodities greatly affect the economic situation of the community.
100% of the circumferential road is cemented
The RORO Port
Regular trip from the island to Naval, Biliran is available from Monday to Saturday
- Has 10 elementary schools and 2 high schools, the MNVS and the VNHS.
- Now vocational courses such as Furniture and Cabinet making, Food trades and Ceramics are being offered back to regular students.
PEACE AND ORDER
- Maripipi island is generally peaceful.
- Maripipians celebrate the town fiesta every 28th & 29th of September in honor of St. Michael.
- Maripipi is one of the tourist spots of the Province.
- Foreigners, balikbayans, visiting the island don’t miss to go on swimming at Candol Beach, Sambawan islets and Viga Spring.
Hon. Uldarico P. Macorol
Hon. Getulio A. Casio
Hon. Juan D. Asugas, Jr.
Hon. Nulkisam S. Macorol
Hon. Julianito M. Atiga
Hon. Nenita R. Radam
Hon. Arnolda Rutchel M. Albelda
Hon. Noe M. Bacolod
Hon. Joseph V. Mangubat
Hon. Victor R. Arcenal
Hon. Macario G. Montuerto, Jr.
Mrs. Vigildes C. Conde
Mr. Anthony S. Cairo
Mrs. Michelle R. Quinte
Mr. Julio M. Cairo
Mrs. Marietta C. Campollo
Municipal Budget Officer
Engr. Wilma O. Elairon
Municipal Planning Dev’t. Coordinator
Dr. Mar Grace R. Llever
Municipal Health Officer
Mrs. Sonia S. Alavera
MCR/Mun. Tourism Officer – Designate
Mrs.Ma. Luisa I. Pulvera
SWO III/MSWDO – Designate
Mrs. Genny Lind S. Canonoy
AT/MAO – Designate
Engr. Mar C. Matinez
Engr. Richie S. Peñaflor
PInsp Edgardo Z. de Asis
Judge Duicisimo Pitao
Ms. Ilene C. Victorioso
Ms. Salud Vida G. Donaldo
Municipal Election Officer
Mrs. Elen P. Canonoy
Principal I – MNVS
Mr. Nestor S. Capul
Head Teacher – VNHS
Mr. Inocencio P. Malinog
District Supervisor – DepEd Maripipi